Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Delta Zeta

Since someone has actually asked me about this, here is what I have to say about it for any of you guys who read this and know that's the sorority I am in "not four years, for life" and all that... I went to the National site and there is a lot of information on there. National is saying that what happened has been mischaracterized by the media and only one side of the story has been told, inaccurately at that. Since I am of the opinion that the media in general is not to be trusted, I have to make a decision on what to believe. The statement made by National seems truthful to me, and based on my own experience with Pan-Hellenic and the college administration when I was an undergraduate, I have decided that I think the media has put a negative spin on the story and National did not engage in discrimination at DePauw.

That is all I have to say about it. If you want to go look, there are some articles on the National site including letters to the editor written by people at the college who are not in the sorority. The site is www.deltazeta.org

No comments: