Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Duran Duran

On my way to work this morning I heard Is There Something I Should Know? and I thought that was really cool because I haven't heard it in a long time. I have Sirius and they play Duran all the time but usually they play Hungry Like the Wolf, Rio or Girls on Film. Anyway, I told Beth about hearing ITSISK and yesterday she wished me happy New Moon on Monday thereby proving that she is, in fact, the better Duranie.

But anyway...on my way to the grocery store this evening they played Girls on Film (see, that's what they usually play) and I decided that I am mad at Duran Duran. And a few years ago when they had the big reunion and I was all loving them and I couldn't remember why I ever stopped loving them...now I remember. Because they take too freaking long to do anything. I just do not have this much patience! I went to a bunch of shows, then they released Astronaut and I loved it, and I played it a million times, and saw them like six more times or something ridiculous, and then they were working on a new album. Then they were working with Justin, then they weren't, then they were, then they had "creative differences" and then Andy left. Ok, that was good, we can work with Andy leaving, he's the "creative differences" we all know this, and they are working with Justin and now it's six freaking months later and I listened to Astronaut last week and I am tired of listening to it and they need some new music! It's too much drama. Release the freaking album already! It has to be done.

It is easy to make me mad on the way to grocery shopping. I despise grocery shopping. I go about once every three weeks. I get some stuff at Target in between, non-perishables and what not, but the grocery store, bleh. So, now I am mad at Duran Duran-they should not play Girls on Film while I am going to the grocery store. They need to dust off Hold Back the Rain, maybe then I wouldn't have gotten annoyed.

And now onto the topic of grocery shopping. I contend that Tuesday is the best night to go. No one goes to the store on Tuesday-Monday is no good because they are not restocked from the weekend. But by Tuesday, they are, and no one is there. So they always have what you want, and no one gets in your way. So tonight as I am grocery shopping, I keep running into this same man in every aisle. About half way through the store he starts talking to me about how he used to shop on Sunday but the weekend is horrible and during the week is best. I repsonded that Tuesday is best and he agreed.

So what I want to know from those of you who read this blog...which one of you wants to go grocery shopping with me next time I go and I will try to hook you up with these men I see every time I have gone shopping lately?? I did not make eye contact because I don't like to encourage strange men to talk to me (when the really old guys talk to me because they need help finding stuff-that's different) but I am guessing he was single. ;->

Final complaint...spell check does not work right on this thing. I just spell checked and it didn't pick up Duranie-c'mon, that's not a real word!!

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

are you sure he was single? what single guy actually thinks about what night of the week to go grocery shopping?

and i agree on two things- one- grocery shopping on the weekend SUCKS, and i attempt to avoid it.

two- duran is annoying. but they don't make me mad anymore. it's just duran time and... eh. it'll happen when it happens.