Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good Day

What I needed to do today was go into the basement and go through the huge stack of papers sitting on the desk down there to get everything out of it that I need to take to the accountant Monday night to get my taxes done. What I actually did today was something completely different. I suggested to Rob that he take Brandon to a movie, so they went to see Ghost Rider which apparently scared the crap out of Brandon. Funny stuff.

Alyssa went to Sheila's. She actually just got home from Sheila's and Sheila spent the night here last night. Aly walks in the door and asks if she can go on AIM because Sheila needs to tell her something. Huh? I point out to her that she spent literally 26 of the last 28 hours with Sheila and, well, no. I have digressed and my point was that I was home alone.

Since I have a gift card for Macy's that I got for Christmas and didn't find anything to spend it on after Christmas, I decided to go to the mall. I would like it known that I am wearing jeans, a blue, yellow and green striped turtleneck and minimal (i.e. mascara) make-up. I am in the mall for no more than a minute and catch some guy totally staring at me. He realized I realized and looked away fast-like he was embarrassed he was just caught. I then caught at least three other guys checking me out. This has not happened to me in quite a while, I was pretty entertained by it. In case you are thinking I am paranoid and/or overly impressed with myself, I am sure I was not imagining it because two of them actually said hi. And one of them cannot have been over 25. So, I was feeling pretty good about myself.

When I waked past Macy's on the upper level of the mall I didn't go in because there were horrible, scary perfume people. I hate those people so I just went in on the lower level and went up once inside the store. There was a skirt I loved however it was $89 so I didn't even try it on. I tried on some other stuff that was actually on sale, including a black denim jacket with a rhinestone skull on the back. But since that was $65 even on sale, I figured I didn't really need it that much. That's too much to spend on something which is purely entertaining.

I walked around the mall for about an hour and bought nothing. Then went to Old Navy and bought nothing. So that wasn't so great. But then when I came home, the kids were gone and Rob was here. His mom called this morning to say that Boscov's has this 37" flat screen, plasma tv on sale and with her discount and no sales tax we could get it for $900. So we went back to the mall to look at it. I took Rob to Macy's to show him the skirt, since the scary people were gone, we went in on the upper level and I saw some clothes I hadn't seen earlier and I got a cute shirt and a pair of jeans, that I can wear to work because they are green, with the gift card. And the jeans are a size 4. Why they fit I have no idea-sized wrong, because nothing else I own is that small. Then I tried on the really awesome skirt and got that, and a top to go with it. Then we went back to Boscov's to get a belt because the green jeans are a little big in the waist and I got a cool belt and two pairs of on sale shoes. The shoes were a total of $41 which is completely awesome.

Rob is going to get the tv tomorrow. Not sure we need it but I can rationalize anything. I am sure we'll get more back on our taxes and we can pay cash for it so I guess it's ok. He's building a tivo too. Yep, my husband is that big of a geek.

Overall, I'd say it was a good day! Tomorrow I am going to get a massage and hang out with my friends. When I am going to get the laundry done and get the stuff together for the accountant, I have no idea.

For my next post, I am going to make a list of all the crazy that is my principal to remind myself of why I need to look for a new job even though I don't want to!

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

i spent all day with you sunday and you didn't tell me about the great shopping? did you wear any of the new stuff sunday?