Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sigh

You know the day is going to suck when you start crying before you ever get out of bed in the morning. My children are driving me insane. Everyone in the house is unhappy. I knew we were going to have to spend the day working on science fair projects, which are due on Thursday and as of right now (8:14 pm on Sunday) are not done. Brandon, of course, is all pissy about having to work on it over the weekend. He is supposed to be grounded anyway because of the whole MySpace thing so why it matters I don't know.

Alyssa is doing fine with hers. She is almost done. I took her to the library yesterday to enforce our "you cannot use the Internet at all" rule. That doesn't work all that well since libraries don't even get magazines anymore. So I said she could use the database, of course every computer they put us on did not want to work. We wound up doing it at home. I did a database search and printed out the articles for her to use. I am not sure that is punishment at all since I did her research but whatever. She was waiting most of the day for her last flower to thaw out but she has her research paper done, which is the hardest part of it.

Brandon has nothing done. Maybe his title page, but I think not even that. The formatting isn't right. So nothing. Around 4:30 I let him go outside because children with ADHD are supposed to get breaks. They can't work for extended periods of time. When he came in from the break he starts screaming about how daddy is a retard. What it came down to was that Rob was on the phone when he got home, he interrupted, Rob told him to wait. Then when he was off the phone he asked what was so important that Brandon had to interrupt him. The story Brandon told was that he said nevermind. The story Rob then came in and told me was that Brandon wanted to ask if the handlebars on his scooter were down too low. Obviously, not something urgent.

So Brandon is crying over this and screaming at me. So I started screaming back because I am sick and tired of his disrespect. Then he said "what happened to everyone being created equal" and I told him that doesn't apply to parent and child relationships, it doesn't even apply to children at all, and he just has to do what he is told because that's part of being a kid. He yells that he doesn't have to listen to me and he doesn't respect me. So I smacked him in the face. Then he said something else and I told him stop or I'd hit him again and he said "I don't care" so I smacked the other side for good measure. He started screaming more shit at me so I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked him. Then he jumped into a karate stance and threatened me. I told him I am not afraid of him and he continued to yell, "one day you will be You will be sorry." Rob told him if he hits me he would hit him back.

It's a lot of fun around here. Now everyone is acting fine again. The counselors tell us no spanking but everyone seems to behave much better afterward. I am starting to think Rob is right that they need a little bit of fear to make them behave. Talking sure hasn't helped.

No comments: