Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Daughter...Yet Again

Have there ever been any parents who successfully defended killing their kids with a "they made me crazy" defense? Because my daughter is on a fast track toward being killed...by me. The school sends home test folders and communication envelopes on Thursdays. So Brandon gave me his test folder when they came home from my mom's, around 6. He had already told me that he had one bad test grade (which was a 78 and frankly is nothing compared to the bad grades his sister brings home) "here's the folder".

I was doing stuff and forgot all about asking for hers until about 9. So in the communication envelope there is a letter from the principal with a copy of an IM session between HondaHead95...which is Brandon's screen name...which he is not allowed to have (this follows the discovery of the MySpace accounts two nights ago which I did not even get into on here). So anyway, the content of this IM is that "he" was calling this other kid "gay" and "bitch" now it would appear that it was actually Aly using his screen name but we are going to get into that tomorrow, armed with a belt because apparently that helps Aly remember better. I'll get to that.

So there is a note from the principal to please call her about it. Now it is 9:20 so I call her and apologize for the lateness of my call, she's a former nun and the principal of a Catholic school, I suspect it's a little late for her to get calls. She sounded awake so and said it was ok so whatever. So I am telling her about the MySpace and the issues we are having with the computer, the fact that we weren't even aware of this account, the fact of the accounts we have made Aly close and she just opens new ones when she is at someone else's house. I told her although Aly does have an account she is allowed to have she has been grounded from it for quite some time and this was apparently done during the grounding, while they were at my father's house, after my father had gone to bed and thought they had done likewise.

So during the course of the conversation and me saying that we are at a loss, we see all these counselors about this behavior and no one seems to be able to help and nothing seems to work, she says "I thought Alyssa was just this nice quiet girl until the incident a few weeks ago with Eric." And I said "What incident is that?" "Oh, she was supposed to talk to you about it and she told me that she had." I said, "Let's make one thing very clear, Alyssa will NEVER tell me anything that will get her in trouble. If she ever does anything, you have to call and tell me. She lies." The incident in question is that she and Eric were caught french kissing in the library at school!!! What balls does that take, in 8th grade, in a Catholic school. I am more than a little upset that I would never have known about this had something else not happened that made me have to speak to the principal. I think they really should have called me about that, not trusted her to tell me. But that's another issue.

So I went upstairs to ask Aly what else she supposed the principal wanted to talk to me about and she said "I don't know." I told her she needed to rethink it and she shrugged. So I said "I will go get my belt to help you remember." Then I went and got the widest belt I own and came back in with it. The look on her face was absolutely priceless. Shock, horror, sheer terror. But suddenly she knew just exactly what she told me about. Her dad asked her if she wanted to be known as a slut since she's kissing in school where she is obviously going to get caught and since she has "my horny lover" posted on her MySpace page. I told her when she gets pregnant she better hope that boy loves her and his mom is willing to let her live there because she's not living here. I am ready to kill her.

So, currently she was told she is not allowed to go to the dance next week. Which she paid for yesterday, tough crap for her, she shouldn't have lied. She has to improve her grades and if I catch her lying one more time, no 8th grade field trip (which I don't want to go on anyway) and if I catch her lying two more times, no dinner dance either (which she already has a dress for). She is grounded indefinitely, even though the counselors have said not to do that, because she clearly doesn't care what the counselors say anyway. And she'll be doing her research for her science fair project at the library.

I am ready to kill her.

No comments: