Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lisa Story

For those who want to know...

Here is the latest news, and I am sure she would love to know I am posting this on the Internet. However, since she does have a MySpace and has her own blog on there where she tells equally private things and has pictures of herself posted so anyone could actually know who it was about, I don't see where she can say a whole lot.

Not sure what you know, they are officially separated, he moved out earier this month and is living with his parents. They are sharing custody of the girls, they do three days, four days or some such, I have no idea. He worked it out so she has them every weekend in February, I suppose so he can go out with his 22 year old girlfriend and she can't go out at all because she has four children. A few weeks ago Alyssa babysat for her and there was a big commotion that night because Lisa decided to try to catch him lying about where he actually was. They are separated so I am not sure why this matters. I don't know why he even tells her at all. So she tried to call his cell and he didn't answer, then he shut it off because she was being psycho. (you need this background for what happened this past weekend which is the height of crazy, I'll make it short).

She eventually winds up calling the suspected girlfriend and saying "where is my husband?" this 22 year old girl, who is clearly an idiot because why else would she be dating a married, 34 year old man with 4 children under the age of 10; says "I have no idea what you are talking about." and hangs up. So Lisa proceeds to call her repeatedly. Now, if I were this girl, I would run screaming in the other direction from this guy, but I guess I was never that stupid.

Lisa called me this past Saturday and told me that on Friday she went to talk to said girlfriend because "I have been acting like a psycho to her and it's not her fault." Excuse me?! What's not her fault? Is it her fault she is seeing a married man? She works with him and has for a while, it's not like his marital status was a secret. She says, "Well, we're separated." AND? The point? To this I replied that anyone who is seeing a married person, separated or not (and mind you this separation has been for three weeks-and she was totally seeing him before he moved out of the house, this I know because he had her in the house before) takes the risk that the spouse is a raving lunatic. And I informed Lisa that if she wanted to act like a psycho toward this girl, that was just too bad for her. He's MARRIED. Not her fault. Whatever.

Now our grandmother is in the hospital. Lisa's only source of income comes from helping our grandmother during the day. She is not going home. The hospital will not release her to go home, they will only release her to a nursing home. She is saying completely crazy things, she won't feed herself. She's there because she fell again. Lisa is out of a job. She has received no money from her wonderful husband since he left. He is so concerned about his children that he has not paid one dime of support in three weeks and she is so stupid she hasn't gone to file for support.

On Saturday I went to the hosptial with my mother to see my grandmother; Lisa and her mom, my mom's sister, were there. After we were there for about an hour I asked Lisa if she wanted to show me where the cafeteria was because I was starving and wanted something to eat. So as we are walking to the elevator her phone rings. Naturally it is the asshole. He has no name btw, he is just known as asshole. I am listening to her side of the conversation and wondering why it is even being had. I have told her repeatedly that I see no reason for her to speak to him unless it has to do with the children. We get to the elevator and I have had enough so I say "Well, there is no service in elevators, say goodbye." She continues to talk, the elevator comes and I shoot her looks, then I start making comments so she hangs up. She knows I will say whatever I feel like when it comes to him. He is an asshole, he is not worthy of my time or my respect. All I said was "Bye" really loudly and nastily, I guess she didn't want to see where I'd go with it so she hung up.

We wind up having to wander all over the place because the cafeteria is closed and we are looking for a soda machine that has water in it because that is what my mother wants. While we are wandering around she proceeds to tell me how she still loves him, she knows he still loves her and they are meant to be together. I tell her that he is messing with her and she needs to let it go. It's over, let it go. But no, I am wrong of course. Cuz I am the one with four kids, no job, husband moved out and is paying me no support and my house is about to get foreclosed. No wait, that's her. Clearly she is better at making choices than I am. And she's obviously thinking rationally about what is best for her children.

She tells me where there is a machine, I go in search of the water and she goes outside "to smoke a cigarette". I find the soda machine, get the water and go back to wait by the doors, it's cold, I am not going out there. I am waiting and waiting. I know how long it takes to smoke a cigarette and I am getting annoyed. Finally, I called her on her cell phone and said "Are you coming in or are you talking to him?" She replies "Just go up, I'll be there in a minute." I hung up and went up by myself.

Did I mention that there is a prisoner on the same floor as my grandmother? I know this by the two DOC guards sitting in the hallway two doors down. So yeah, I have to walk past there by myself.

When I got back in the room I told my aunt what was going on. She said "She's stupid." I asked her if she told her that and she says that she did. I told her good, so did I. My mother did too. When she came back up to the room she had nothing more to say to me. I am wondering if she's not speaking to me now. Which would be just fine, because I am no longer being nice with my opinions about her, her husband and her idiot choices. So it's probably for the best if she's not speaking to me. I can't make matters worse that way. Since she's not going to listen anyway, what's the point in talking to her?

Tomorrow I can give the updates on another one of my idiot cousins. Let me know which one you want to hear about. Of all my cousins, the only one who isn't an idiot is Stacy. We are still trying to figure out how we are the only responsible ones (this generation) in the entire family.

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

lisa's just crazy stupid now. and i've read the rest of her story, i'm just commenting on this post because you can see the crazy starting.