Monday, January 29, 2007

University City

Can someone please explain to me why every road in University City is under construction? And has been for the past year? I took my son to an appointment at Children's Hospital today. They have a building at 3440 Market Street, that's where we went, not the main hospital.

So I get off the Schuylkill Expressway at South Street; turn left onto whatever that is, that direction I think it's not South but whatever, construction. I turn onto 33rd Street, construction; turn onto 34th off of Market, construction. The parking lot makes me leave out onto 35th-just to create a headache-that's new-after some other 34th Street construction that's now finished. I have to drive around the block to get back onto 34th because that's what way I want to go. I get over by the main hospital and...you guessed it...that's all the way down that section of the road, and I turn left to head back toward 76, again, more roads I have no clue the name of, but there is more construction there as well. All in all, a nightmare.

No comments: