Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dreams

After the dreams I had last night I have determined that I am officially insane. I had a dream that I was having sex in the back of a car with my extremely ex boyfriend, Rob. This I can accept since I wrote my nano novel about senior year of high school and that's how extremely I am talking about, and I was editing my novel last night before I went to bed and the last section I was editing was the first time I had sex, and it was with him. So I am not thinking that him being in the dream was the weird part. The weird part was that his parents were driving the car while this was going on. But we didn't actually have sex. When we got to almost having sex we simultaneously said something along the lines of "what the hell? I am not having sex with you!" and put our clothes back on.

Now, we are still in the back of the car, that his step-father is driving, and I am leaning against him and sleeping. We just yelled at each other but now we are all cozy in the car. So what's that? I am comfortable with the result of our relationship? So in my dream I am dreaming and in that dream I am falling because I dreamt that the car drove off a bridge. So in my dream I wake myself up because I hate falling dreams, but I am still actually having this dream. Confused? Because I sure as hell am. Then we stopped for ice cream. There was weird stuff going on there too and naturally I went in to get ice cream with them but once we were inside I was with other people that I know, but I can't remember who that was now.

Naturally I had to go to this dream interpretation site this morning. http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ and here is what I found there...

About sex, and I am selecting parts, some of it was just not relevant and there is a ton of stuff on there about sex, surprise, surprise:
To dream about sex, refers to the psychological completion and the integration of contrasting aspects of the Self. You need to be more receptive and incorporate aspects of your dream sex partner into your own character.
OK, this I can accept, being married for 12 years...Rob was definitely adventurous so, maybe I need to channel that. Then it says...
To dream about sex with someone other than your spouse or significant other, suggests dissatisfaction with the physical side of your relationship. On the other hand, it may be harmless fantasy.
As if I couldn't come up with that on my own! WTF?!
To dream that you are having sex with an ex or someone who is not your current mate, denotes your reservations about embarking in a new relationship or situation.
What new relationship?! I don't have a new situation either! So I can only conclude that...
Alternatively and a more direct interpretation of the dream, may be your libido's way of telling you that it's been too long since you have had sex.
I am sure my husband would be happy to hear that! Works for him! Mind you he's upset I still have pictures of Rob so god forbid he should read this. Like I can control my dreams somehow.

Onto the next, dreaming about dreaming...
To dream that you are dreaming, signifies your emotional state. You are excessively worried and fearful about a situation or circumstance that you are going through.
Yeah, that basically sums me up. I am stressed out and worried.

And then, falling dreams...
To dream that you fall and are not frightened, signifies that you will overcome your adversities with ease.
Well, since I was dreaming I was dreaming I was falling, I wasn't frightened, I was annoyed because I hate falling dreams. I guess that means I can overcome adversities with ease if they annoy me? But what if you dream that you dream you are falling? What does that mean?

Ice Cream:To see or eat ice cream in your dream, denotes pleasure and satisfaction with your life. It is also an indicative of good luck and success in love.
Doesn't this seem contradictory? It does to me. Am I stressed out with adversities or am I satisfied? Who knows! Know what I think? It's official, I need meds!

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

okay, the sex interpretations are crap. 'it might mean you haven't had sex in a while.' DUH.

at least it ended with ice cream?