Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Latest

My mom tells me that my grandmother is doing ok. The nurses said she is better in the morning so my mom is going to go see her in the morning when she goes. She feels bad because she can't go every day. My aunt Sue told me not to let her or my aunt Linda feel guilty because she has no reason to. My grandmother was only able to stay in her apartment as long as she did because of them. Of course, I can tell my mom it's ok not to go every day but if she's going to feel guilty, there's nothing I can say to fix that.

She said that mom-mom doesn't seem to recognize them but she asks questions that make sense so it's weird. She asked aunt Linda how Lisa and Dominic were, but didn't know who she was. Who knows. Today she fell out of her wheelchair so that doesn't sound good. But they are getting her up and making her socialize every day which is an improvement over when she was in her apartment and never left.

The Lisa update...I got a message from my mom yesterday that said "I need to talk to you about your cousin". She and Wally were arguing and he took her to Bridgeton Psych and left her there. Hr parents were supposed to go to Florida today, thy were flying back with my aunt Sue, but of course they cancelled their trip, which they cannot get any money back for, or even change the dates because it was less than 24 hours notice. Lisa's insurance apparently doesn't pay for where she was so they had to move her to a hospital in Woodbury-which is about an hour from where she actually lives, and put her in there on a suicide watch. Dominic said "she won't kill herself, she doesn't have the balls" which is totally true.

I just talked to my mom, Lisa is still there, they won't release her until Monday. She's sorry that she did it, she just wanted them to put her in touch with a doctor or something. I don't know, I haven't called her and I am not going to. I think she is being ridiculous and dramatic. She knows that I just went through a bunch of crap with Brandon and that I have emergency numbers. If you are going to pull a dramatic "I am going to kill myself" stunt, you don't do it on a Friday. There is no one around to deal with her so now she's stuck in the hospital.

She wants to see her girls and when her parents tried to call Wally he won't answer his phone. They called her best friend and she got a hold of him. He said he's bring them to see her, which surprises me. But I am not sure that he should. I don't really think a hospital is the best place for young children. Her kids have been through enough already.

Her whole problem is "she still loves him". OH MY GOD! Are you f-ing kidding?! First of all, he has a girlfriend. A 22 year old girlfriend at that. He moved out over a month ago and has not paid her one dime of support. He has convinced her she is crazy, verbally abused her and is just generally an asshole. Not to mention that how much did she love him when she was sleeping with other guys? In the past two years she has slept with three other guys. If she loved him so much why was she doing that instead of trying to fix her marriage? Rob and I had a lot of problems the first five years of our marriage, which is all the longer she's been married, and I told her that, and all the problems we had back then, it never even occurred to me to contact ex-boyfriends and sleep with them. This just so reminds me of my first boyfriend and our relationship-it makes me insane. I was 19 when I was acting like this. She's 32, and has kids. Four of them. But we all know who's going to get custody now. When she was actually seeing a counselor they told her that her biggest problem was impulse control. Gee, ya think? I don't think she needed to pay anyone to tell her that.

And finally, my friend Sheri. Over the past two years Sheri and I have grown apart and I have seen her once in the past year and I have talked to her maybe three times, once being this past Tuesday. Her dad died today. He has been sick and in the hospital since September. Jill and I were trying to remember how old he was but we're not sure. We think 64 or 5. I called her the other night because of the whole sorority thing. They are disbursing all of the albums and I requested the one from when I pledged, which of course is missing, can't say I am surprised. Laura probably has it, she hated a lot of the girls that joined after us and I know she was taking stuff because they weren't "real" sisters and she didn't want them to have "our" stuff. But I digress. So I asked for the book from when Sheri pledged, intending to give it to her. I knew she was dealing with this stuff with her dad and has not been keeping up with all this stuff that's been going on but that she would want it.

The original plan was to give the books to the historian that made them but they couldn't track down who all of them were. Again, am I surprised that the records were poor? I am not. I got this photo album the other day and the first page was pictures of Sheri's pledge class, but it was her handwriting. As I turned the pages I saw that it was not from when she pledged, it was from the following two semesters and she was the historian who made the book. I thought it was really ironic that the intention was to give them to the historian and that's what I got. So I called her to tell her I had this book for her and we talked for a few minutes. Not long because I wasn't expecting her to answer, I know she's been with her family and at the hospital so I called when we had a counselor coming any minute. So when she got here I had to get off the phone. But I did talk to her for about five minutes and what she told me about her dad did not sound good but she sounded ok. I think this has been going on for so long that they have to feel at least some relief that it is over. From what she was telling me I think he had to be suffering.

I guess that I will go over to the viewing with Jill on Thursday. Sheri was setting up a sorority dinner for a group of us who are close by but I am not sure if she'll be up to it now. It's not until the week after next though so maybe she'll be ready for a diversion. I feel bad for her. I can't imagine how it would be to lose your father so young. Although my grandfather was only 66 when he died. My dad was only a few years older than what Sheri is now.

That's all my bad news. Rob went to get the kids McDonald's because we are going out for our anniversary. We're supposed to be leaving at 5:40 and it's now 5:33 and he's not home. How long does it take to get McDonald's??

No comments: