Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So it's been a month

but I have good reason. The only people who read this blog entered the Nanowrimo write a novel in a month challenge which inspired me to do the same. So I spent all of my writing time in November doing that. I actually did it too! I have little icons I can post here that verify that-but that would actually involve me figuring out how to do that and I don't want to. I am not really all that big on reading directions on getting anything done on a computer.

I also did not have the best month ever personally. My son ran away and we have been dealing with him and all his "issues". I am not sure how an 11 year old can be that depressed. I am however, completely willing to blame it all on his biological parents. So we have to get him a psychiatrist appointment to rule out bi-polar disorder, which bio-mom has so we may not be ruling it out. I am about talked out on him though.

Work sucks as usual. I have decided I am just bored out of my mind there. You can't really be all that enthusiastic about teaching when you are bored yourself! I told my assistant today, if I wait out my ten years until the pension vests, that means as of today I have 305 days left. But who's counting? I have to work out how to use up my 60+ sick days.

I am working on my Christmas cards. Last year I never sent them because I was in a car accident on December 15 and I hadn't gotten them done prior to that since I was working on my thesis. I guess I have to do it this year. The envelopes are addressed. I have to print out the pictures for the cards. I'll post those. They are a little bit odd but my sister-in-law who is just about my best friend thinks I should go ahead and send them. My kids are weird. Trying to get pictures of an 11 year old boy and a 13 year old girl is a lot of fun anyway.

So that's the update. Nothing exciting.

No comments: