Sunday, December 24, 2006

Favorite Songs

When I was Christmas shopping with Beth, we were in Sharper Image and there was a song playing whose lyrics I recognized and after a minute I figured out that it was Blue Monday. I said to Beth "Listen, awful, annoying remake of Blue Monday" or something along those lines. I'd like to point out I am NOT a fan of remade New Order songs...ever. Every one I have heard sucks, imho. She said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, I couldn't place that." And I said, "It's one of my favorite songs of all time." Her response was "Really?" with complete surprise.

Since that seemed to surprise one of my best and oldest (oldest meaning longest amount of time) friends, and since she is the only one who ever reads this unless someone else is sent here to look at pictures of my awesome Duran Duran purse, I'd like to make a list of my all time favorite songs just for future reference. What this means is, songs that I think "I really need to hear {this song} right now", songs I will listen to, no matter how many times I have already heard them, and I have never been sick of them. In no particular order other than I'll start with my favorite bands first...

Careless Memories...Duran Duran
Come Undone...Duran Duran
Save a Prayer...Duran Duran (yes, really...not sick of it)
Blasphemous Rumours...Depeche Mode
Personal Jesus...Depeche Mode
Just Can't Get Enough...Depeche Mode
Edge of Heaven...Wham!
Father Figure...George Michael
Blue Monday...New Order
Bizarre Love Triangle...New Order
Head Like a Hole...Nine Inch Nails
The Only Time...Nine Inch Nails
Kinda I Want To...Nine Inch Nails
How Soon is Now?...The Smiths
Hit...The Sugarcubes
You Oughtta Know...Allanis Morrissette
How Beautiful You Are...The Cure
Icing Sugar...The Cure
Push...The Cure
Ball of Confusion...Love and Rockets
Troy...Sinead O'Connor
I Will Follow...U2
Dancing Barefoot...U2
What's the Story Morning Glory?...Oasis
Cornflake Girl...Tori Amos
Precious Things...Tori Amos
Jane Says...Jane's Addiction
Cruel Summer...Bananarama
Desperate But Not Serious...Adam Ant
The One Thing...INXS

Nothing after 1999 because that's too recent to be an all-time favorite, I could still get sick of it. That seems like enough, it's all that has easily popped into my head, now I'd just be thinking about it too much. I kept with only three per any one band. But I feel I need to add Do You Believe in Shame and Palomino...also Duran Duran. But five from my all time favorite band seems reasonable anyway.

Next time I'll do movies.

As a P.S. I am not sure whether that remake of Blue Monday or the remake we heard of Come Undone last year in Sephora, also while Christmas shopping, was worse. I think maybe the Come Undone remake because it took me a lot longer to figure out what it was. ::shudder::

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

e.Beth said...

there was remake of 'come undone'?

Tricia said...

OMG! You don't remember that?? I swear it was in Sephora. It may actually have been in NYC. Maybe you weren't there and I am just confused. I recognized the words but it was so BAD that it took me half the song to figure out what the hell it was! Maybe it was somewhere completely different because I feel like it was Sheri that I pointed it out to.

Yeah wait! When we saw Duran at MSG. I was trying to think when we were all in NYC and that's when it was. I am sure! It was Sheri I pointed it out to. But I am sure we passed it on to you.