Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Cousin's Asshole Husband

We always go to dinner at my aunt's house on Christmas. My aunt's house is all on the second floor and my 84 year old grandmother can't go up steps so this year my aunt cooked and took it to her daughter's house. My cousin, Lisa. Lisa and her husband, Wally, are going through a separation, yet again, I won't even get into that. So Lisa's kids were there and her husband was not because they are separating and no one wants to see him. She's moving out in two weeks.

They have four girls. We had dinner at 4:00 I think because my grandmother goes to bed early and so that the girls could be there and then go with Wally, hereafter known as asshole, to his mother's house. At some point or another he called and said he was on his way.

My son was sitting in the playroom watching tv because he has no interest in playing with five girls (including his sister) especially since the cousins are 8, 5, 4 and 3. He comes into the kitchen and says "I think Wally is here." Not sure why he said "I think" because I guess he came in and went in the playroom to look for the girls.

I said I guess he was there to get the girls and I went in the other room to see, Brandon and my husband stayed in the kitchen. So now I am in the living room, my step-father is in there and my daughter. Asshole did not say one word to anyone. Oh wait, he did speak to my grandmother and ask her how she was, I was standing right there and he pretended I wasn't. So anyway, I think he could have at least said something to my 13 year old who was helping the girls get their shoes and coats on. He could have said thank you at least...common courtesy.

Personally, I think if he was going to behave that way, he should have called Lisa when he was on the way and asked her to have the girls ready, then knock on the door and she could just send them out. If you are not going to at least say hello, or Merry Christmas, what with it was Christmas and all, then you should not come in the house. Should I go to his MySpace page and send him a link to here so he can read this and learn about common courtesy?

2 comments:

e.Beth said...

yeah, you should send him the link. what an ass.

Tricia said...

Yeah, I am so over her right now. They are "up in the air". Whatever.