Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Whoa, it is seriously hot

I like summer. Partially because I am a teacher and I have off. But I also despise being cold-so I like summer and generally do not care about the heat. However, 97, feels like 105 is even too much for me. I actually went in the pool yesterday. In addition to not liking cold, I don't like to be wet (yes, I take showers) so for me to go in the pool, it's hot.

Yet for some reason, I am going to go to the boardwalk tonight with my cousin. We'll see how that goes. Mainly I want to see if she has any explanation into her "issue" with not getting a medical procedure done. That is her thing, and she has her own blog about it on MySpace so I am not going to detail it. But when I was in Florida with our other cousin and she bailed out of getting the procedure, again, the two of us were completely baffled. She makes no sense.

Oh well.

The other thing I wanted to mention was the NJ DMV and my pleasant surprise today. I had to get my license renewed and I was dreading it because we have this new 6 point identification thing in NJ and every woman I know who has gone to get their license renewed since it started has had a problem with the marriage certificate. The DMV tells them they can't accept "that one" because "it's the pretty one they give you at the church" they need the official one from city hall or whatever. So, they have to go to city hall and get another copy, with a seal. Fun.

Well, I was married in Barbados. So, I was worried, because if they don't like it, it's kinda too bad. I can't just run over and pick up a new one! The girl kinds rubbed her fingers over the one spot to check that it was an actual raised seal, which it was, and that was that. The woman who took my picture and all looked at it and laughed because it has my status as "spinster". Yeah, I was thrilled with that at the ripe old age of 25. My husband's status was "bachelor". So anyway, in addition to not having any issue with my documents, I was out of there in 15 minutes!! Unbelievable! And my picture is not that bad. So, all in all, a good day at the DMV.

No comments: