Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Best Birthday Present Ever

I was supposed to do this...I forgot. Actually, I am trying to change to my other blog but I haven't figured stuff out on there yet. At any rate.

My friend Beth, who is the awesome-est friend ever (ask her other friends too, they'll agree) gave me the best birthday present ever last week. My husband is even upset about it because "that's the most thoughtful thing he has ever heard of." Requires some backstory:

Beth and I became friends in 9th grade because we had Latin class together. At some point that year or the following, my memory sucks, ask her, we became best friends because of our mutual love of all things Duran Duran. As was required of all Duran Duran friendships, her favorite was Simon and mine was John. You couldn't be best friends with someone who had the same favorite, of course. All Duranies know this. In 10th grade (1985) we even went to England with the school trip.

For my birthday, Beth had a personalized purse made for me with the Duran Duran theme. If I could figure out how to edit the links-I have read the directions and I do NOT find the code it says I will see to edit links- I would post the link to the Viv Pickle site where you can find out for yourself about how to get your own personalized purses. But I can't figure it out because I am fairly computer illiterate and I just don't care all that much about it. But not only did she come up with this idea to have the purse made, she sacrificed her own concert t-shirt and a scarf that she bought on the trip to England so that I could have this purse. The t-shirt was from the time when Roger Taylor was not in the band and since I also love him, she gave up the scarf so there would be a picture of him.

Now, I ask, how cool is that? And since Beth is the only one who reads this blog and comments on it, you can now comment about how cool and wonderful you are! So here are the pictures, as promised, outside, the inside flap and the inside lining. Feel free to tell whoever you want to see them to check them out.

2 comments:

e.Beth said...

not only will i comment on how awesome i am- i will send this link to everyone i know so that they can see the purse. ;->

e.Beth said...

and viv pickle is: http://www.vivpickle.com