Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What do you say?

My friend called me earlier to tell me her husband left. Just went to work yesterday morning and didn't come home. She called him at work to ask him what time he'd be home for dinner and he informed her he was not coming home! No warning, just left. They've been married for 20 years! I offered to go visit so she could talk, she said no. I have no idea what else to say or do. They have a 14 year old son and they lost their daughter, who was 18, last January. I feel the same way I felt then, I want to do something to help her somehow, but there is nothing I can do.

I am going to visit my friend tomorrow in Washington DC. She had a baby in May, I want to go see them both. She went through a lot to have this baby, everyone was really excited for her. We were all shocked when she wrote to tell us she had her and she has Down's Syndrome. I think I would freak out, but she has been really calm about it. Hopefully it won't pour all day long! I hate driving in rain!

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

yikes! you didn't tell me about your assistant (that's who it is, right?)