Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bleh

I am not sure what is going on with me. All the sudden last night I started feeling really sad and all that nonsense. No reason at all. I am not sure if it is because of the cold weather, if I was tired or if it has reached the point in the year where my job starts getting to me. Of course, it could be all of those things.

I was thinking that I would stay at my job for a few more years, definitely next year while Brandon will still be in middle school, but then I was contemplating staying until he is out of high school because Rob and I are talking about moving out of this big house when both kids are out of high school. We have discussed moving into the city where we don't have to have two cars, can get a smaller place and not have to deal with yardwork and then I can either not work or just do something that I enjoy and don't necessarily require that income to eat. But after a few months I reach the point where I can't imagine coming into work for one more day, let alone six more years. I have also reached the point in the pay scale where I will be making a decent amount of money, especially since I really do only work half as many days as most people. I still think it's a harder job than most people have, but I do have off half the year with the holidays and summers.

So anyway, I am just doing chores and junk like that today. Things I have been blowing off for weeks. Which could also be what is wrong with me. There is so much to do around here that we really can't just blow off entire weekends and that is what we have been doing. We painted the kitchen and since then have done nothing. It would probably take one day to finish the kitchen completely, but we have just done nothing for the past three weekends.

This weekend we didn't even do date night. I think that was a bad idea. Things were going really well, Friday I was just really tired and didn't want to do anything but stay in and sleep. So we watched a movie together and then went to sleep. Then Saturday we slept late and went to my dad's for dinner. Rob had a bad allergic reaction to the new cats so he was tired when we came home. We were supposde to watch a movie but he fell asleep so I watched it by myself. After that was when I started feeling really down. So I think it was the combination of everything, and I was pretty tired too. I think I can deal with work this week since it is only 2 1/2 days, but the week after that could be another story. And once we come back from Christmas, I am really going to have problems dragging myself out of bed every day.

I guess I will go back to the original plan which was to research what else I can do with the education I have that will allow me to make at least what I am making now (which is not public libraries) and that I may actually like. Back to chores. Bleh.

No comments: