Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Work

So for some reason I am suddenly bummed out this morning. If I try to discuss this with my husband than he gets upset so I will leave him alone. Brandon drives me crazy every morning, what else is new? He is the most miserable child I have ever met. I don't think that helps my mood any. This morning I got "I have decided I no longer live here". and when he got dropped off at school and I said have a nice day "you know I am not going to enjoy it." Uh-huh. Then he proceeded to walk into the building like he was walking to the electric chair. I just kept smiling at him and waving until he did finally have no choice but to smile because I was being so ridiculous.

So, I was fine but then as soon as I pulled in the driveway here I just felt like "bleh". Earlier I said that my schedule this year wasn't so bad. Well, on paper I guess it's not but in reality it sucks. I just cannot beleive that the board of education or the taxpayers in this district can possibly be aware that for three out of every seven days I am simply a glorified babysitter. Well, one of those three days I have two classes-80 minutes. The rest of the day, babysitting. I did not go back to school and do all that work, with a family, to get a master's degree and babysit. Why don't I just open a home day care center.

I guess it is time for me to get serious about looking for a new job. Although I am extremely practical and the fact is that ten years vests your pension and this is my ninth. I don't know if I want to continue in the public schools at all, so why should I move to a new school for one year? Then again, maybe I'd like it better in another district or another grade level. I just don't know what to do. I do know that I have to work for 340 more days for my pension to vest. Who's counting? And that is not even a whole year.

Oh well. I think I am just feeling way to sorry for myself right now. So I better not go on.

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

i say look for a job in another jersey school district so that you can vest. if you hate it after a year, you know its the job and not just the school. because it's definately the school, so get the heck outa there. but don't screw with the pension.