Saturday, October 14, 2006

Belly Dancing

As I posted earlier, I had a few bad days this week. For whatever reason I was miserable. Well, last week I had talked to Lisa about going to a belly dancing class at this place near where she lives. We decided last week that we were going to go. I am glad that I did. I was definitely cheered up and feeling better after that. Although, Lisa thinks I should go on medication, I think that’s just so she won’t be the only one on meds!

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. There were about nine of us there altogether, one of the women has been going for three weeks and the rest have been going for a while. They have this whole routine and everything that they were trying to teach us. Everyone said we were doing fine, we don’t really care, it was pretty funny. The woman who was there for her third time said that we were doing much better than she did her first time. We decided to join and go on Fridays, Lisa asked me earlier today if I wanted to go on Monday too. I would like to, but it’s a half hour away so we’ll have to see if I feel like driving that much.

We got scarves to wear around our waists that have beading and coins that jingle. I think we were not shaking hard enough because everyone else had beads and coins flying off but Lisa and I didn’t. In addition to the regular dance, they have a veil dance that we were working on. The veils are 9 feet long. We were doing that and Lisa got tangled up in her veil and almost fell. That was pretty funny.

In case any of my friends are still checking in to see what I am writing here, Lisa wants to buy some waist scarves and wear them to the Duran Duran concert next month. Consider yourselves warned!

1 comment:

e.Beth said...

well, if you can't wear a waist scarf to a duran show in atlantic city, where can you?