Monday, October 30, 2006

I Hate Fall

I am in a mood. I have nothing really to say. Just feel like complaining. The time change sucks. Everyone is all out of whack. The weather is crazy.

Work is the usual. However, I found out that another 'specials' teacher has been pulled from her stupid reading buddy day to substitute in classrooms a few times. She came to ask me if I had been pulled a lot. I said no, the real answer is not at all but she doesn't need to know that. Then I found out from one of the classroom teachers that she never shows up for her reading buddies-so maybe that's why the principal pulls her and not me. I am actually doing what I am supposed to be doing. I'd like to know what she is doing with the 80 minutes a week she's not showing up for the one teacher who told me about it. And if she's not showing up for her, she's probably not showing up for anyone else...so what's she doing for three days a week? None of my business I suppose.

All of us got notices that we'll be covering for teachers at some point in the upcoming week while they are at workshops. It's so ridiculous. They were told to call in no sub needed and we have to cover. So several of the specials teachers are calling out sick. However, since my day is Monday and I am calling out Friday so that I can hang out with Stacy who is visiting from Florida and going to see Duran Duran with my Duranie friends...I am not going to turn around and call out again Monday. I figure I'll cause enough trouble calling out Friday to make up for it. There is always a problem with subs on Fridays and since there may be other people calling out to make their point, there could be no one for me, and since I actually have classes Friday, she'll have to do something about it. The art teacher was advised not to call out since she is non-tenured. The whole thing is stupid and has been brought up with the union, but they never do anything about our ridiculous schedules so I have no reason to think it will be any different this time.

I know I am totally in the midst of my PMS because I am so miserable I am sitting here thinking (and you must say this with a whine) "I don't feel like going to a concert Friday." Dammit! I am going to be completely pissed when I get my period on Friday. Totally is a curse. Blegh. I am going to go watch tv for a while. Something completely mindless.

2 comments:

e.Beth said...

you know when you get to the concert, you'll have fun. at least we'll get to make fun of simon's manboobs!

and mercury is in retrograde, which is probably adding to your mood.

Tricia said...

Damn Mercury! And how do you always know that??